Stewart Smith, the founder of Smith Construction, worked for the Georgia Highway Department. (1952-1954) In 1954 he formed Smith Construction and started building homes and plastering in one of the largest subdivisions in the United States. By the time the 1960’s rolled around Smith Construction was deep into the building boom left over from the post WWII era building several projects in and around Rome, GA.
- GA Power Office Renovations
- Industrial Plant Construction
- Medical Office Construction
- Frozen Food Storage Facilities
- Church Renovations
- Retail Stores
- Court House Renovations
- Bank Construction & Renovation
Smith Construction benefits daily from this rich history and it has helped to shape our company into what it is today.